NEWSUPDATE: 4th Steering Committee of the Erasmus+ Goals Project in Marseille
The 4th Steering Committee meeting of the Erasmus+ GOALS project was hosted by the European Stadium and Safety Management Association (ESSMA) in Olympique de Marseille’s Orange Vélodrome stadium.
The main goals of this 4th steering committee were to further plan and execute the project with the involvement of all partners:
- Real Betis Balompié,
- The football federation of Portugal
- The football federation of Romania
- The football federation of Kosovo
- ESSMA (the European Stadium & Safety Management Association)
The project, funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus + Sport Program, aims to improve the environmental impact of football organizations, focusing on female and youth grassroots football teams.
The following issues were at the center of the agenda:
- the measurement of the direct and indirect environmental impacts of sports organizations, through the development of an online platform for calculating the environmental footprint of football clubs, stadiums and matches;
- the analysis of the environmental governance of football federations;
- the presentation of the environmental awareness campaign;
- the presentation of the communication and dissemination plan of the project results
- the actions taken by project partners in light of their environmental sustainability
- administrative aspects.
In addition, the participants of the 4th Steering Committee joined the ESSMA Summit’s Sustainability seminar with speakers from OGC Nice, Real Betis, UEFA, Olympique De Marseille and Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna. The 2-day event promoted knowledge sharing and networking through the European stadium industry with more than 250 participants.